Well it was fun, for me at least and I’m not remotely concerned with how many people were listening, I chatted away for the first 15 minutes with no listeners whatsoever, no problem.
I learned a lot:
- Check the Mic levels (it was a bit quiet at times)
- Remember to switch the mic on/off
- Have the next track ready, don’t try and do it while talking
- Latency in the headphones is a BIG issue, if your speech in the headphones is behind your actual voice it turns your brain to mush and makes you incapable of properly forming words.
- Sometimes MP3 Files end rather abruptly
- NEVER start to eat a chocolate digestive biscuit when a track is about to end, NEVER
- The volume of tea you drink is directly proportionate to the number of times you will have to urinate.
So I will return at 20:00 next Thursday but this time I will remember to press the ‘Rec’ button so the whole thing is saved and I can re-broadcast or maybe make some kind of podcast.
The show was 2 Hours and 45 minutes long, which went quite quickly but I was beginning to get tired towards the end. That seems about the right length, give or take 15 minutes. For next week I am going to do a poll, a listeners choice sort of thing, I’ll post it a bit later.
Thanks again to anybody who gave up their time to spend it with me.