It’s been quite a while since I’ve had time to put an episode of the radio show together, although part of the reason is because I wanted to use my actual records rather than mp3 rips from the internet. I’ve found a way to do this I think, in fact I’ll find out later today as I’m waiting for the small piece of equipment to arrive so I can try it out. Using my actual records will mean it will take even longer to put a show together, however, I think I’ll be happier with it.
So this is the thing I’m waiting for:
- High-quality usb audio interface connects your turntable, cassette
- Transfer and restore your valuable vinyl records and tapes to your computer via a simple usb connection
- Massive software bundle includes audacity vinyl restoration, noise-reduction, editing and recording software, comprehensive podcasting software and over 150 virtual instruments and effect plug-ins
- Revolutionary energyxt2.5 compact music production software included with feature-rich audio/midi sequencer that loads almost instantaneously on all computer platforms
- Phono input switchable to line input source
This allows the phono outputs on the back of the amplifier to be connected directly to a mac book, or at least I think it does. I did do some research and I think it will be ok. This will allow me, hopefully, to use the records I have, pops and crackles and all, and will allow for some extra bits an pieces as well which will make things more interesting I think. We’ll find out soon enough when I get to grips with everything.
So that’s that, just a little update.